Monday, October 6, 2008

A Post From Dick

I finally made it to the computer to do my own posting!

First, thanks to all of you for your support. The prayers, posts, e-mails, cards, calls, and visits are appreciated very much. I'm absolutely convinced that a positive attitude is an important part of recovery and your support has helped Sharon and me remain positive.

I'm seeing and feeling improvement in my recovery every day. I'm still on two pain killers and get tired quickly, but I know I'm improving. Short walks in the sunshine are a big help. And of course, for the engineer in me, having a device to measure lung capacity multiple times each day gives me a way to set targets and measure progress.

For this week there are two clear priorities: 1) continue to recover from the surgery and rebuild stamina and 2) align on the full team that will lead the "beat cancer" project. While I will need a lot of help, it is becoming clear that I need to take a leadership role in pulling the team together and helping to develop the project plan - I guess all that project work at P&G won't go to waste.

Two additional points:
1) I updated the right-hand column titled "About Dick" to include a brief summary of the pathology report and planned treatment.
2) For now we will stop daily posts. When new information is available we will post it, but for now we will focus on the two priorities described above.

Thanks again for all your prayers and support.

1 comment:

Bryan said...

Everyone can feel free to keep checking the site regularly, but since we will not be posting as much, it might be helpful to "subscribe" to the blog. There's a link on the right-hand side (below "About Dick") that allows you to do that. If it works right, an e-mail should be sent every time a new post is published.