I got the results of my latest chest/abdomen CT scan. They are mixed at best - in general existing tumors are not smaller, there are new nodules on my left lung, and some new lesions on my liver as well. As a result I am not doing any more chemo therapy right now. In fact, I may now meet the criteria for the Pfizer study related to my ALK mutant gene. I need to have another scan and a whole battery of screening exams (taking a full day) to see if I meet all of the criteria for the study. The bulk of the screening will be done in Indianapolis on Wednesday August 24. This will be an important day! I will know the outcome of the screening the same day or the next day. Assuming I meet all of the criteria I could be taking the study drug before the end of the month.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Keeping you in our thoughts and prayers.... and crossing our fingers just for good measure! Hope all goes well in Indianapolis later this month... we'll be anxious to hear how it all went.
Best of luck too!
Love,
Cindy and Bill
Post a Comment