My latest scans are encouraging. The brain MRI from last week shows basically no change in the number/size of brain tumors and scar tissue, which is a good thing. The chest/abdomen/pelvis CT Scan from this week shows a slight increase in tumor size and number of lesions. While not ideal, this is part of what insures that I can be apart of the Pfizer ALK Study.
I also completed all other tests (bone scan, EKG, eye exam, lab work) and now meet the criteria to be in the Pfizer study for the the ALK (Anaplastic Lymphoma Kinase) gene mutation. I have the mutant gene. It is only present in about 5% of people that have lung cancer, so this opens a very targeted treatment opportunity for me. The treatments are a daily chemo pill plus testing in Indianapolis once every three weeks. I will begin taking the test drug on August 29. There are a few likely side effects but they should be manageable. My biggest issues at this point are extreme fatigue and some problems with balance. Hopefully both of these symptoms will improve after I start the new treatment.
Thanks for your continued prayers and support.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment