Friday, June 24, 2011

Late June Updates

I got the results of my latest brain MRI today. In the doctor's words, the results are "no change to slightly better" - no new tumors, small tumors unchanged, and large tumor the same or slightly smaller. There is some scar tissue on the large tumor that we will continue to treat. Hopefully this will help some balance issues that I'm having.

The somewhat bad news is that I will not be able to participate in the ALK mutant gene study at this point. Basically I'm doing too well. Pfizer requires "definite progression of the disease", in other words, getting worse. At this point I'm getting somewhat better with the chemo treatments, so do not fit their criteria. I will stay in touch with the study doctor and continue to look for an opportunity to get into the study.

The next new information will come in late July or August with the next round of scans.

No comments: