Friday, June 10, 2011

Mid-June Upate

It is hard to believe it has been almost a month since my last post. Here are the most significant updates:

May 23 - Liver biopsy to check spots on liver showed malignant cells as expected. No surprise here. The biopsy was done so that we can check for two mutant genes. If one of these genes is present, there would be some other treatment options. The first test has come back negative (I don't have the mutation) and we are still waiting on the result of the second test.

June 6 - CT scan of chest and abdomen had mixed results. The largest tumors are somewhat smaller. That is good news. However, there are also several new spots (cancer cells) which is not good.

I will continue with the current chemo treatment plan for another six weeks unless specific confirmation comes back on the gene mutation.

An MRI of the brain is already scheduled for late June and there will be another CT scan of the chest in mid-July, so generally the plan is complete the current chemo plan and do another round of scans to check status.

We would like more positive news, but continue to feel fortunate that my overall health and stamina is good and that I am able to continue to work. Thanks for your continued prayers and support.

1 comment:

justbob3 said...

Dick, thanks for the post. I continue to monitor your health and hope and pray for your healing. I had some surgery myself back in Feb and am still healing but seem to be doing fine. Are you singing anywhere? Take care, Bob A.