Friday, November 14, 2008

We Have A Plan!

The first piece of good news to share is that my jaundice is totally gone and liver function blood results are back to normal. Thanks for your prayers and support during this unexpected detour in our plans.

As of this coming Monday it will be ten weeks since I was diagnosed with cancer and seven weeks since my surgery. While I am a bit anxious about the next steps, it is very important that we move forward with treatment soon. And, as of today we have a plan.

On Monday November 17 I will have my first chemo treatment. The treatments will be given in a three week cycle. The treatment on the first Monday will require about six hours. There will be a second treatment on the second Monday that will take about one hour. There will be no treatments the third week and then the cycle repeats. After four full cycles of chemotherapy, there will be several weeks of daily radiation treatments. Details on the radiation plans will be developed later.

Each person responds differently to chemo, so it is too soon to know exactly how I will be impacted, but my plan is to work as much as possible. I will likely work from home some days, but expect to stay connected with the critical projects currently in progress. While a three week cycle doesn't leave a lot of open time, it does appear that the schedule matches up pretty well with Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years. We are looking forward to celebrating with family and friends.

Sharon and I need and value your continued prayers and support. We know this will be a time of new challenges, but we are confident that with God's help we will get through this and successfully beat the cancer.

No comments: