Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Hurry Up and Wait

First, there is no overall change in my health or treatment plan. However, for those of you that were focused on Wednesday August 4 as an important treatment date (as we were), there is a change. Due to the availability of doctors, the radiation treatment targeted to the tumors in my brain has been delayed one week. It is now scheduled for Wednesday August 11. While I wanted to get on with the treatment, this delay has no impact on the effectiveness of the treatment and should have no impact on my ability to travel later in the month.

As stated previously, there will be no immediate way of determining the effectiveness of the treatment. It will be late September or early October when scans are done and that will be the point when we will know the effectiveness of the treatment.

Thanks to all for their continued prayers, encouragement, and support. They are greatly appreciated by Sharon and me.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to know all the details- keeping you in our thoughts and prayers as you undergo these treatments- we'll stay positive as I'm sure you are!!
Keep us posted-
Lv,
Cindy and Bill

gramma said...

I expected to read a report on your procedure yesterday - instead I see the post from Aug 3rd. Thanks for the info - we always wonder how you are doing. We will continue our prayers for another week (and beyond). Hope you have a good week and manage to keep cool!
Love and prayers, MaryJean

Unknown said...

Dick
You are in my prayers. Stay strong.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Dick,

I was stuck with words, as I had several case in my close families who had to fight those hillness, but there is no medicine like hope, no incentive so great, and no tonic so powerful as expectation of something tomorrow.

All my prayer are for you and your families.

Vincent