Friday, June 26, 2009

No Visible Cancer

On June 5 I had a PET scan as a follow-up to the CT scan I had in May. After a trip to Europe, I met with my oncologist on June 18 to confirm what Sharon shared in this blog earlier in June - no cancer! I have my next appointment in mid-August and we will decide at that point when to do the next scan. With lung cancer there is not a blood test than can identify cancer cells before they are visible on a scan, so the approach is to do periodic scans to confirm that no new cancer is present. Again, the good news is no cancer now, but there is always the risk of cancer reoccurring. So, your continued prayers and support are greatly appreciated.

I will continue to maintain the blog, but only as new information is available regarding my health and cancer. Hopefully that means I will be able to go 6 - 8 weeks at a time without posting. Be assured that on this blog, no news is good news.

It has been about ten months since the tumor was originally discovered. Needless to say it as been a challenging year, but it has been made easier with your concern, prayers, and support. Thanks for being there for us.

No comments: