While this is the fourth week of chemo treatment, it is the first week in a new three week cycle. That means it is the "big" or most physically challenging week of the cycle. The good news is the week is over and it went OK! The side effects were very really, but the anti-nausea and anti-hiccup medicines both worked and since I knew what to expect I think I did a better job of managing work and rest periods. Having the hiccup medicine available beginning on Tuesday was a big help. I did get the hiccups a few times, but they only last a few minutes...not at all like three weeks ago. We continue to appreciate and enjoy the support of friends and are looking forward to preparing for the Christmas and New Years holidays.
For those that are wondering...people tell me I look "great". That's probably an exaggeration, but the reality is that I've lost a few pounds (which is a good thing for me) and I still have most of my hair. It has gotten noticeably thinner in the past week, but there is still enough that I have a hair cut appointment next week. While chemo isn't fun, at least in my case it seems to be manageable.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment